Food & Wine Recipe: Chicken Salad with Cucumber, Red Pepper, and Honey-Mustard Dressing
I found this great recipe on Food & Wine.com for a quick and easy made-from-scratch salad. I love having light dinners early in the week (especially after indulging all weekend) and this recipe fit that mold!
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (from about 1 lime)
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons honey mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 cucumber, peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded, and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 1 large mango, peeled and sliced (optional)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon, chives, or basil
- 1/2 pound mixed salad greens (about 4 quarts)
- In a large glass or stainless-steel bowl, whisk together the lime juice, mayonnaise, mustard, salt, and black pepper. Add the oil slowly, whisking.
- In a medium glass or stainless-steel bowl, toss the chicken, cucumber, bell pepper, onion, mango, and tarragon with half the dressing.
- Toss the greens into the remaining dressing. Put the greens on plates and top with the chicken salad.
The dressing was a little heavy- I would probably cut down on the amount next time, but other than that, this is a win! Tasty, light but filling, and simple!